Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cute Bride and Groom Bunnies


Earlier this year my cousin got married to her boyfriend of 7 years. She is the first of my cousins to get married so I wanted to give her a unique and unforgettable gift. This year it is the year of the rabbit on the Chinese lunar calendar so I thought it was quite fitting to make her a pair of amigurumi bunnies for her wedding present. Congratulations to the happy couple <3



The pattern that I used was found at the following link:

The pattern is for a wedding cake topper and was a bit too small for my purposes so I refashioned the pattern to make a larger bunny.

Tips and Tricks:
  1. I cut a circle out of a piece of thick cardboard that is approximately the circumference of the bottom of the doll. I place that cardboard on the bottom before stuffing it so that the doll can be free standing.
  2. I always embellish my amigurumi dolls with a material other than yarn to give it that extra something. For the bunnies I made the bow on the groom and the veil on the bride out of a lace fabric to add some texture.

1 comment: